Post by: Valley Financial Group
IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE COCKTAILS! Jenngietzen
The Holiday and Christmas Music is playing again. Sometimes it’s on so much it makes you want to have a drink.
What do you drink during the holidays?
Besides eggnog, it’s hard to think of any drinks that we could classify as a “holiday drink". So, to spread the word that there is in fact a list of drinks designed specifically to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year, here is a list of the top drinks for the holidays and a list of our favorites. If you disagree please send us your favorites. Also, if you drink during holidays and need to travel use a cab, UBER, Lift or get a good Designated Driver.
5) Eggnog Punch
-This drink takes a classic holiday drink and takes it to a whole other level. It can be served with or without alcohol, and contains eggnog mixed with cinnamon flavorings and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1. Trickling Springs
2. Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog
4) Hot Chocolate:
-Although it isn't always considered a holiday drink, there is always a need for a delicious hot chocolate drink during the chilly months. Here are a few of our favorite places to order hot choholate.
Favorite Hot Chocolate Places:
1. Max Brenner
2. Rim Cafe
3. Tradestone Cafe
4. Sweet Briar Cafe
3) Hot Toddy:
- I do not drink them much, but the Hot Toddy ranks high on many holiday drink lists. Valley Financial Group does not have a favorite, but a good friend Jeremy Scarpello recommended a recipe:
2) Red Wine:
-Drinking a glass of red wine for some reason tastes great anytime of the year, but it tastes a little better during the Christmas and Holiday Season. Asking me to pick a good red is like asking me when the stock market is going to go down or up. I have no idea. However, I have two friends that have an almost supernatural ability to pick a good red wine for any meal or occasion. So, I went to the best that I know, Sal Paone and Peter Reardon on what their favorite wines are during the Holiday Season. Also, they broke it down from the cost of the wine. I think you will enjoy!
Sal and Peter's Favorites:
- Charles Krug Cabernet
- Decoy by Duckhorn Red Blend
- Chimney Rock
- The Prisoner by Orin Swift
- Silver Oak
- Justin Isosceles
$ Looking to Splurge on Holiday Season
- Caymus Select
- Peter Michael - Les Espirit
- Lewis Cab
- Phelps Insignia
1) Christmas Beer
- There are so many different beers these days. I will share the beers and IPAs that bring the most joy to the Valley Financial Group staff during the holidays.
1. Mad Elf
2. Santa's Little Helper
3. Christmas Ale from Sly Fox Brewing
4. Anchor Brewing Company Christmas Ale
Happy Christmas and Holidays!