Post by Valley Financial Group
“ Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”
The 4th of July represents our nation’s birth and the colonies’ freedom from British rule. Also, the date represents the halfway point of the year. Most of us create New Year’s Resolutions on January 1st and a majority of us (myself included) fail by the second week of February, in fact 80% of us fail. http://www.businessinsider.com/new-years-resolutions-courses-2016-12
The majority of us do not review or revisit our resolutions, until we take pen to paper (or now a days type it into their phone) to put down our New Year’s Resolution for the upcoming year. Basically, our pursuit of happiness has typically come up short. Imagine if the Founding Fathers said “I’m not feeling this today!”
So use this 4th to review your goals and ambitions and pursue your happiness. Here is a list of items to review to make certain your financial plan is going in the right direction. Also, Valley Financial Group would like to thank every person that has made it possible and protected our rights to go chase our dreams.
Happy 4th of July!
1. Your Vision of What Retirement, Business/ Career and Life looks like in the next1,3, & 5 years
2. Your Investments and Portfolios ( cost ,diversification, risk) and do they meet your needs and wants
3. Does your spouse understand your family’s plan and is your family protected/insured (know where important documents/information are located and who to speak to in the case of an emergency.)
4. Your savings rate (Is your bank account growing? Are you maximizing your contributions to your retirement plan?)
5. Your Spending (order a credit report & credit card summary spending report.) Think about this. I spend over a $1000.00 a year at Starbucks. If I invested that money into something that averaged 7% in 10years, I’d have $15,000. Need to make my Java at home.